The Veterans Memorial located on East Street in Ludlow displays the names of those who served our country from Ludlow. The Center Monument displays the names of those Killed in Action. The additional eight (8) panels contains the names of those who served in the Military while residents of Ludlow.
The Soldiers Monument, located in front of First church ,859 Center Street, was dedicated on August 15, 1867 in honor of town residents that served in the Civil War. It displays the names of the 16 men from Ludlow who died in the war. A total of 100 from Ludlow enlisted.
Honor. Courage. Commitment. These three words exemplify the life of USMC Sgt. Joshua D. Desforges and are inscribed in the three granite pillars at the memorial constructed to honor and remember Sgt. Joshua D. Desforges, USMC. The Desforges Memorial is located on the grounds of Ludlow High School at the bus turn around. (Rear of Building)
Located at the corner of Winsor Street & Worcester Street. Erected in honor of the Men and Women of Portuguese descent of Ludlow Massachusetts who served in World War II. it was Inaugurated on November 14, 1943.